Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year... The New Testament

A new year is here!  2014! 

This year I want to read the New Testament.  I'm excited for that!  Along with what I'm reading I hope to add in quotes here this year.

There are 260 chapters in the King James version of the New Testament.  That means I can read one a day, then study as I wish at the end of the year.

I still intend to be in my Book of Mormon, I just don't feel the same without reading it... good thing I've got my prompts, they give me the little bits I need, plus this year I want to read from the BofM with the kids.  In the past we've used story book type study, but the big kids are big enough that I want us to read from it.  It's been good so far.  We stop to talk about what is going on so they can better understand the language.

My hope is to do an FHE each week from what I'm learning in the NT, so they can be more familiar with that as well.

Here is a quote for today...
 
What are you studying this year?

1 comment:

  1. What a great thing to do! My husband and I are doing a read through the Bible in a year plan on YouVersion. It's broken up where you read some from the OT, NT, Psalms, and Proverbs each day. Amazing how much I learn even re-reading (which is what I'm doing now) things that I've read umpteen times!

    ReplyDelete