Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Matthew 12... Don't Judge, We All Sin

It is clear that the people of this time have lost sight of the meaning and feeling of the Gospel.
They are obeying the law to the fault of it being more important that humanity, than caring, than inclusion and love.

I don't think that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

God has laws, that is an eternal truth.  In laws and commandments we find His order, we find clear boundaries and need for agency, which offers us growth as we figure out how to use that.
We find that as we use this agency and make good choices, we find happiness.

God's laws are His, not ours.  As He rules and reigns He will judge with clarity, mercy and appropriateness.
Sometimes we take that on ourselves.  This is not God's law.
We see the Pharisees falling into this.
Christ reminds them:
For the Son of man is Lord even of the asabbath day.
11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? 
12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
On this same note...
15 But awhen Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;

He didn't ask who had money, who'd been to church recently, who was still skeptical of Him, in what way they needed to be restored.  He healed them all!

This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, being made whole through Him, as we come unto Him.  It is for all of us, and it is individual.  It is a resource of love.



The other verse that spoke to me was:
36 But I say unto you, That every aidle bword that men shall cspeak, they shall give daccount thereof in the day of ejudgment.

We often think we will obviously be judged by our works.  
Um, an account of every idle word... I need to watch what is coming out of my mouth!!!
It also indicates that this won't be a generalized judgement!  It will be specific.
It doesn't scare me, but reminds me that I want to live with purpose.  I want to be specific.  I want to continue to improve.
AND, thank heavens that I can repent of those times I fail!


No comments:

Post a Comment