Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Matthew 7 - Do

This chapter talks about knowing them by their fruits.  I think the fruits or actions that come out of us are a reflection of what we are rooted in.

image via

I believe the deeper we are rooted in the things of Christ, the more natural the goodness falls from us (our fruits if you will).

I believe the things we do are a reflection of what we believe.  I believe faith is an action as well as a reflection.

I don't think it will be enough to just say we believe in Jesus Christ, to spend eternity in His presence.  The action of that belief is what will change us, making us worthy to be with Him.

 21 Not every one that asaith unto me, bLord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that cdoeth the dwill of my Father which is in eheaven.


Our behavior is a manifestation of our faith.  As we do as Christ does... as we serve, as we respond in humility, as we love, as we repent, as we go to church, make covenants, as we do... we manifest faith.  The result of that doing is a refining within us, a growth of character, a cleansing of spirit a training in Godhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment