Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday 1/30
Thankful for...
Today I was thankful that I could run and comfort O this morning when he woke up screaming 'MOM'!  He is my snuggle bug.  I love that boy and I love that he loves my affection.  I snuggled into bed next to him and held him.  Love that.

Study time...
Alma 5- Alma asks several times in this one verse if the people have retained in remembrance how the Lord freed their fathers, showed mercy to them, changed their hearts, and delivered them.
A couple of thoughts on this... I read yesterday a quote from David H Yarn about being born again.  The part that caught my attention was "...from the beginning of man's mortal existence the wicked on, the devil, has engaged in taking away 'light and truth."  He has done this through men, individually and collectively - individually through disobedience and collectively through the tradition of their fathers." 

It only takes one generation to completely change another, for good or bad.  Just a generation later Alma is trying to help these people remember that their fathers were changed, he had to do that because the whole people had collectively taken on the old traditions.

My other thought is the word remembrance.  President Kimball said, "When you look in the dictionary for the most important word, do you know what it is? It could be 'remember.' Because all of (us) have made covenants ... our greatest need is to remember. That is why everyone goes to sacrament meeting every Sabbath day — to take the sacrament and listen to the priests pray that
(we) 'may always remember him and keep his commandments which he has given (us).' ... 'Remember' is the word."

16-18- He keeps asking if the people can imagine themselves.  He is asking them to think, to ponder, to remember, possibly even to have a goal!  He is asking them to imagine themselves hearing the voice of the Lord, standing in front of Him on judgement day. 

When I was in gymnastics our coach would have us lay on the ground and imagine... imagine a perfect routine.  "See yourself do it perfectly".  She would say.  The mind is a powerful tool right?

Just two nights ago I felt my own spirit change.  I have been in a lull with running.  I've only been running a few times a week.  I've lost my motivation, my drive, my push to increase time and speed, to run well.  Gone!  It's now back!  Why?  A goal, a race!  Something I can imagine myself doing!  How does that change my spirit?  That goal, that race, wanting to finish it well motivates what I will do, the choices I will make for the next several months!  Having a goal, imagining the end, motivates the present and what we will do now, to affect the end result.  Imagine yourself...

21- Washed white.  Purified and clean, not perfect, clean.  No unclean thing can enter into His kingdom.  I will still forget about my pot of boiling water.  I will still need spell check!  I will still say the wrong thing at the wrong time.  It is impossible to be perfect, without mistake.  It isn't impossible to be clean, without blemish.  The Savior's atonement is the way we get that time and again as we seek it.

Photo...
Tonight went outside to take a photo... hadn't thought about it all day!  Need to get my tripod out, but had no intention of doing it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment