Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wednesday 2/8
Thankful for...
Socializing.  I hosted playgroup today.  I'm glad I did.  I love having people in my home!

Study time...
Alma 13:10 - Have been thinking of the LDS faith and how sometimes people leave the church because they choose or don't feel they can live the standards fully.  Because we don't live things with perfection doesn't mean the religion is false.  It doesn't even mean one shouldn't be part of it.  It means that we are all human, living, making mistakes.  It means we continually partake of the atonement, which is not a bad thing.
The end of this verse says '... choosing to repent and work righteousness rather than to perish.'  It may seem easier to walk away because you somehow think you have to live perfectly, but can't.  Does that really bring peace? 

Photo...
Snacks put out for playgroup

Tuesday
Thankful for...
My couch.  It sure is nice to sit there when my day is done.  I didn't even want to converse about my day w/ M, it was busy, and tomorrow will be too.  I just want to sit!

Study time...
Got just a few verses in today.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh, that is the sound of me falling off the wagon!  Nooooo.  Must settle down and get my time back!

Photo...
I have put this puzzle away 5 times!!!  Why is it out AGAIN!

Monday 2/7
Thankful for...
Opportunities to go to the kids classroom.  I read today in Q's class, brought the boys.  It is fun to see her at school.

Study time...
I was running all day, painted when home, dance... didn't study :(  It's the first day in a long time, I felt it!

Photo...
Finished painting!  This is my tree with hanging hearts for Valentines Day.


Sunday 2/5
Thankful for...
Quiet time.  Some days the kids just play well together, they play quietly and it sure is nice!  I sat and studied in a quiet house and all the kids were home!

Study time...
Went back to 1 Nephi.  We talked about murmuring vs. faith in the atonement today.  Really enjoyed the discussion.

Photo...
Yum left over Thai food from date night... yellow curry

Saturday
Thankful for...
Carmel corn.  I treated myself today and I loved it!

Study time...
Alma 12: 30.  Again, makes things known according to faith, repentance, and holy works.  Can't know things by only having faith.  Having faith means we believe in the Atonement of Christ and we utilize it!  The only way we can truly come to know Him is by partaking of that atonement.  Making ourselves better, clean through Him.  Those things by themselves still don't work, remember the word diligent?  Have to continue on, be consistent, holy works... doing.

Photo...
Pudding/chip face...

No comments:

Post a Comment