Monday, March 12, 2012

Friday 3/9
Thankful for...
I'm so glad to feel better today!  I was thankful to lunch with my friends.  I'm thankful to get my blogging accomplished.

Study time...

Photo...
G wanted me to take some pix of him playing hockey.  He got some pucks at the ticket exchange today.  Cute kid really wants to learn hockey.

Thursday 3/8
Thankful for...
It's hard to feel thankful when you feel sick.  I was home sick today.  It's so interesting how when you are limited or feel vulnerable physically, it affects your spirit.  I just wanted to cry many times today at things non-related to being sick.  I'm thankful to have made it through the day.  Oh, and I'm thankful my Q forgave me after a rough morning.  I love her so much, but she can sure try me at times.  My best does not always come out when we converse!  This is probably the day I could've used a good study.  I read a little from my Ludlow study companion, but not much, didn't have it in me.

Wednesday 3/7
Thankful for...
The opportunity to donate for the VanRy fundraiser.  I hope to gain exposure for sure!  So thankful to Matt for watching all 7 kids so Molly and I could go together. 

Study time...
Alma 39 - Read and learned today the difference in an unforgivable and unpardonable sin.

Tuesday 3/6
Thankful for...
An increase of girls.  Sometimes it is overwhelming being in charge of activity days.  I need to get myself organized.  It went well.  The girls had fun tonight.  I had 4 extra girls, so happy to have visitors.  We had 16.  It felt good to have it done!

Study time...
Alma 38:10 love the words be diligent and temperate in all things.
Origin: 1350–1400; Middle English temperat < Latin temperātus, past participle of temperāre to exercise restraint, control. See temper, -ate1
1. moderate or self-restrained; not extreme in opinion, statement,
2. moderate as regards indulgence of appetite or passion, especially in the use of alcoholic liquors.
3. not excessive in degree, as things, qualities, etc.
Is this not what life is about?  Self mastery, temperance?  I need so much work in this area, in so many ways in my life.  I was telling Molly that this is her word.  She is temperate in my eyes.
Monday 3/5
Thankful for...
Progress.  Want to get Liza's hair pieces done.  Did the giraffe today.

Study time...
Alma 37:9 Corrects himself, first says the scriptures or these words bring the Lamanites unto repentance.  I like the correction.  The scriptures actually bring us to a knowledge of our Savior and our faith in him brings us to repentance.

Photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment